The University provides an internal whistleblowing system through this portal, intended to uncover any misconduct within the organization without fear of reprisals.
By providing this IT-supported whistleblowing system, the university implements the provisions of the Austrian HinweisgeberInnenschutzgesetz (HSchG) as well as the EU Whistleblowing Directive.
- Reports on breaches can be submitted anonymously by employees of PMU as well as by external parties who have obtained information about a potential breach through previous work-related affiliations with PMU.
- Whistleblowers will receive a confirmation of receipt regarding the reported breach and feedback shall be provided in a timely manner.
- Reports are treated as strictly confidential and will be handled exclusively by the designated internal unit.
- No reprisals and/or retaliation in connection with the reporting of a breach is tolerated.
- However, the intentionally false report of information constitutes an administrative offense and may result in appropriate prosecution and sanctions.
To submit a report on a breach, please enter the following PIN: 8233
How our whistleblower system helps protect your privacy
- No identifying information is provided to the contacts.
- Your message will be stylometrically redacted to provide you with an even higher level of anonymity. We remove all punctuation and convert all words to lowercase."
- All information is end-to-end encrypted, so your sensitive information remains safe.
What you can do to protect yourself
- You are not on the corporate network (Internet/VPN).
- You should not use a device (smartphone, computer, etc) that is provided by your employer.
- You should not use the kinds of idioms or abbreviations that you frequently use in conversations or when writing emails.